Teriyaki Salmon with Pickled Vegetables Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Teriyaki Salmon with Pickled Vegetables" recipe we have found so far.
Teriyaki Salmon with Pickled Vegetables
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/4 cup (60ml) gluten-free tamari (naturally brewed soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sake or shaohsing (Chinese rice wine)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Steamed rice, to serve
- 1 teaspoon black or white sesame seeds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeds removed, very thinly sliced
- 100ml rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 daikon radish, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons Japanese pickled ginger, shredded
Combine the tamari, sugar, mirin and sake in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Place fish in a shallow dish, pour over the tamari mixture, then marinate in the fridge for up to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile for the pickled vegetables, place the cucumber in a sieve set over the sink. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt, then stand for 10 minutes. Rinse well, then pat dry with a paper towel. Simmer the vinegar and sugar in a pan over low heat for 5 minutes. Cool slightly, then toss with cucumber, carrot, daikon and ginger. Chill while you cook salmon.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper. Place salmon on the tray, pour over the marinade and bake for 8-10 minutes until just cooked. Serve the salmon with rice and pickled vegetables, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Teriyaki Salmon with Pickled Vegetables