- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 thick bread slices, lightly toasted
- 4 ounces Dill Havarti
- 2 Persian or other small cucumbers, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 small zucchini shaved into wide ribbons
- ¼ cup broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- Combine the herbs and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor (or if you don’t have one, finely mince the herbs and toss them with the olive oil). Pulse until finely minced.
- Add the avocado, salt, and pepper and pulse until well combined and smooth, with just a few small chunks (or, if you don’t have a food processor, mash the avocado and blend it into the herbed olive oil with a fork until smooth).
- Spread a layer of the herbed avocado on each bread slice.
- Top one half of each sandwich with cheese, cucumber, zucchini ribbons, and sprouts.
- Place the second slice of bread on top, avocado side down.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Cuisine: American Universal
Ingredients: avocado Basil Leaves Cucumbers Dill Havarti Zucchini