Vegan Avocado Sandwich Recipe is one of our favorite vegan sandwich recipes. When it comes to eating clean, sandwiches are one of the top choices. Not only because they are prepared fast, but also they include many beneficial and healthy ingredients. You can use this amazing recipe by Sarah* (aka Snix) for your lunch box or when you are too tired to prepare a full dinner.
With these avocado green goddess sandwiches layered with dill havarti, I’ve just rediscovered the joy of sandwiches. Even before going gluten-free, I wasn’t too keen on sandwiches.
Quick & Easy Vegan Avocado Sandwich Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 thick bread slices, lightly toasted
- 4 ounces Dill Havarti
- 2 Persian or other small cucumbers, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 small zucchini shaved into wide ribbons
- ¼ cup broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- Combine the herbs and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor (or if you don’t have one, finely mince the herbs and toss them with the olive oil). Pulse until finely minced.
- Add the avocado, salt, and pepper and pulse until well combined and smooth, with just a few small chunks (or, if you don’t have a food processor, mash the avocado and blend it into the herbed olive oil with a fork until smooth).
- Spread a layer of the herbed avocado on each bread slice.
- Top one half of each sandwich with cheese, cucumber, zucchini ribbons, and sprouts.
- Place the second slice of bread on top, avocado side down.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
*(Original Recipe by Sarah (aka Snix) on SnixyKitchen: AVOCADO GREEN GODDESS SANDWICHES WITH HAVARTI)
Cuisine: American Universal
Ingredients: avocado Basil Leaves Cucumbers Dill Havarti Zucchini