Ravioli Three Ways Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Ravioli Three Ways" recipe we have found so far.
Ravioli Three Ways
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 1/2 cups (400g) ’00’ flour
- 75g fine semolina, plus extra to dust
- 12 egg yolks
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Wild rocket, to serve
CHAT POTATO FILLING
- 250g chat potatoes, chopped
- 40g taleggio cheese, cut into small pieces
SPINACH AND RICOTTA FILLING
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 100g ricotta
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
ROCKET AND DANDELION FILLING
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 125g wild rocket leaves
- 75g edible dandelion leaves or watercress sprigs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- To make pasta, place flour and semolina in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add egg yolks, oil and 1/3 cup (80ml) cold water. Mix with a fork until smooth, gradually bringing the flour in from the outside. Once it’s too hard to mix, bring it together with your hands. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic (add more water or flour if needed).
- Enclose in plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- For potato filling, cook potato in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Steam-dry in a colander until cool enough, then crumble into small pieces in a bowl. Toss through taleggio and season.
- For spinach filling, heat a large pan over medium heat and drizzle with oil. (If using nettles, wear rubber gloves and rinse in cold water, then strip leaves from stalks and discard stalks.) Cook spinach, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and drain. Place in a clean tea towel or a piece of muslin cloth and squeeze out any liquid. Finely chop spinach and combine in a bowl with ricotta. Season and add nutmeg.
- For rocket and dandelion filling, place a large frypan over medium heat. Add oil, rocket and dandelion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to a colander to drain. Place cooled rocket and dandelion in a clean tea towel or piece of muslin cloth and squeeze out any liquid. Finely chop and combine in a bowl with lemon zest.
- To make ravioli, divide the dough into 6 equal pieces, then enclose 5 portions in plastic wrap and set aside. Start on the thickest setting of your pasta machine. Run dough through 2-3 times, folding it in half each time, until elastic. Keep rolling dough through the settings, reducing the thickness each time, until 2mm thick. Place pasta on a tray and cover with a tea towel while you roll remaining pieces.
- Lay each pasta sheet out horizontally in front of you. Place teaspoonfuls of filling along the lower half of the pasta sheet, the width of two fingers apart. Brush the upper edge of the pasta with water and fold it towards you, covering the filling and pressing around it to remove any air.
- Use a pasta cutter or knife to cut out ravioli. Place on a semolina-dusted tray and repeat with remaining dough. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Place butter in a frypan over medium heat and cook for 1 minute or until melted.
- Meanwhile, reduce water to a simmer, add a few ravioli and cook for 1 minute or until al dente. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to the frypan with a splash of cooking water. Add the lemon juice and season. Transfer ravioli to a plate. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Drizzle ravioli with oil. Top with shaved parmesan and rocket. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Ravioli Three Ways