- 1 bunch thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 8 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 4 mixed heirloom beetroots
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 6 dill sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 small bunch chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1kg desiree potatoes, peeled, halved
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound thyme, garlic, nutmeg and a pinch of salt and pepper to a paste. Coat cutlets in paste, cover and chill for 2 hours to marinate.
- For the salad, using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice beetroot into wafer-thin rounds. Place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine parsley, dill, onion, mustard seeds, vinegar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Cook potato in a pan of boiling water over high heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Steam-dry in a colander for 2 minutes. Mash with chives, milk and butter. Season.
- Preheat a chargrill pan to high and cook cutlets, turning, for 6 minutes for medium. Transfer to a plate and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 4 minutes.
- Add beetroot to salad and toss to combine. Serve with chops and mash.