- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam or apricot
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts ground coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup pecans coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants finely chopped , optional
Combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt with a mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add sugar.
Turn mixer to low and add flour just until combined.
Divide dough in half and refrigerate 1 hour.
Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl.
Remove one half of the dough from the fridge and roll into a 10″ circle.
Spread the dough with the preserves and sprinkle 1/2 of the filling over top.
Cut the circle into 12 even wedges. Starting at the wide edge, roll each wedge crescent roll style.
Whisk together egg and cream. Brush over each cookie and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place on a prepared pan.
Repeat with remaining dough and chill 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bake cookies 28-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 201%
Vitamin C: 1%