Best Classic Lasagna? Are you wondering how to prepare Classic Lasagna? Which Classic Lasagna recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Classic Lasagna.
Classic Lasagna Recipe Info
Total Time: 2 Hours, 0 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 10
Ingredient tags: bulk Italian sausage dried basil dried thyme eggs Garlic Salt Ground Beef lasagna noodles mozzarella cheese mushrooms olive oil oregano parmesan cheese pepper ricotta cheese salt Tomato sauce
More Chicken & Beef
Classic Lasagna Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and olive oil; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Cook the ground beef and sausage in a large pot over medium heat; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic salt, oregano, thyme, basil, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper; simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Ladle enough of the meat sauce into a 9×13 inch baking dish to cover the bottom in a thin layer. Form a layer atop the sauce with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread about 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta cheese mixture and then ladle about 1/3 of the meat sauce over the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering twice more, topping with the remaining 1/4 pound of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 90 minutes. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving.