- 2 ½ cups flaked salmon or 14.75 ounce can pink salmon, bones removed
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
In a large bowl add salmon, egg, garlic, panko, chives, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, kosher salt, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Mix to combine and form into 9 patties. I use a slightly heaping 1/4 cup measuring cup to form the patties. Press them well so they do not fall apart.
Add olive oil to a 12-inch skillet and set over medium-high heat. Once hot, cook for about 5 minutes per side or until it’s golden brown on both sides.
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a pan with parchment paper.
Bake salmon croquettes 13-15 minutes or until browned.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 180IU
Vitamin C: 5mg