- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; oil lightly.
- Place short ribs on the baking sheet and season on all sides with garam masala, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake short ribs in the preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Combine onion, tomato paste, vegetable oil, and red curry paste in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic cloves and cook until garlic is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, bay leaves, and star anise. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer browned short ribs into coconut milk mixture. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and bake until ribs are tender when pierced with a fork, 3 hours.
- Remove Dutch oven from the oven, transfer short ribs to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Return Dutch over to the stove top over high heat. Skim fat from top as it begins to boil and remove any bones that may have fallen from the meat.
- Stir in cauliflower and cover Dutch oven. Cook until cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bones from short ribs and place meat in the Dutch oven. Stir in green onions and basil leaves; season with salt and pepper to taste.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 151 %
Cholesterol: 62 %
Sodium: 13 %
Potassium: 35 %
Total Carbohydrates: 5 %
Dietary Fiber: 24 %
Protein: 97 %