- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
For the Seasoning Mix:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For the Rest:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season short ribs with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add short ribs and sear until well browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer beef to a baking dish.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add onion and mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt. Saute until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, dill, rosemary, thyme, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over the beef.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion and mushrooms. Stir to coat and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Pour mixture over the beef and cover with pepperoncini. Place butter on top. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is fork-tender and falls apart easily, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Spoon sauce from the bottom of the pan onto the beef to serve. Skim off excess fat as desired.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 34.14.5 14.9 75 968 Full nutrition