Mississippi Beef Short Ribs Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Mississippi Beef Short Ribs" recipe we have found so far.
Mississippi Beef Short Ribs
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
For the Seasoning Mix:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For the Rest:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season short ribs with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add short ribs and sear until well browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer beef to a baking dish.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add onion and mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt. Saute until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, dill, rosemary, thyme, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over the beef.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion and mushrooms. Stir to coat and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Pour mixture over the beef and cover with pepperoncini. Place butter on top. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is fork-tender and falls apart easily, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Spoon sauce from the bottom of the pan onto the beef to serve. Skim off excess fat as desired.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Mississippi Beef Short Ribs