Shrimp Scampi Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Shrimp Scampi" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 pound shrimp, (454g) peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, (2g)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (30ml)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (60g, 2 ounces) divided
- 1/2 cup shallots, (67g) 1/8-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, (79ml)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, (120ml) chardonnay recommended
- 1/2 cup diced roma tomato, (70g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, (2g) plus more for garnish
Combine shrimp with salt and pepper.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
Once butter is melted add shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until shallots are tender and garlic is fragrant but not browned, 2 minutes.
Add shrimp to the pan in one layer, turn heat up to medium. Cook for 2 minutes, not moving the shrimp.
Flip shrimp over and cook until just cooked through 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
Turn heat up to medium-high, add in lemon juice, zest, and wine. Bring to a boil and allow sauce to reduce by half, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Turn heat down to low and whisk in 3 tablespoons of butter to create a light thickened and emulsified sauce.
Add cooked shrimp, tomatoes, and parsley. Stir and cook until shrimp is warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Garnish shrimp scampi with pepper and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, crusty bread or pasta.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Fat 18g 28%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 296mg 12%
Potassium 60mg 2%
Carbohydrates 2g 1%
Sugar 1g 1%
Vitamin A 450IU 9%
Vitamin C 9.6mg 12%
Calcium 6mg 1%
Iron 0.1mg 1%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Shrimp Scampi