- 14 ounces dried rice noodles, (396g)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, (30ml)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons tamarind paste, (25g)
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, (24g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, (10ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar, (10ml)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (30ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces large shrimp, (120g) peeled and deveined, 16/20 count
- 1 teaspoon paprika, (2g)
- 1/3 cup green onion pieces, (13g) 2-inches long
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, (30g, 1oz)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Heat a large pot of water until it becomes lukewarm (80 to 90°F/ 27 to 32°C), then turn off heat.
Soak the rice noodles until flexible yet solid but not completely cooked, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients; fish sauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar, lime juice, and rice vinegar.
Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat.
Add oil, once oil is hot add the garlic and stir for 15 seconds.
Add the egg and cook until the white just begins to set but the yolk is still runny.
Add the shrimp and mix with the runny egg, cook until the shrimp is just turning pink and egg scrambles, about 1 minute.
Add in soaked noodles, stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes to soften.
Add the sauce to the noodles and stir to combine.
Turn off the heat, add the paprika and toss until noodles turn slightly red in color.
Add the green onion and allow to wilt from the heat of the noodles.
Transfer noodles to a serving plate, top with bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, and serve with lime wedges.
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 117mg 39%
Sodium 1141mg 48%
Potassium 193mg 6%
Carbohydrates 96g 32%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 9g 10%
Protein 12g 24%
Vitamin A 315IU 6%
Vitamin C 8.7mg 11%
Calcium 81mg 8%
Iron 2.1mg 12%