Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Spaghetti and Meatballs" recipe we have found so far.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz whole Italian tomatoes canned
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Reduce heat to low, add remaining sauce ingredients with 1 cup of water. Simmer covered 60 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all meatball ingredients (except olive oil) and form 18 meatballs.
In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add meatballs. Brown on all sides until golden (they do not need to be cooked through), about 10 minutes.
Add meatballs to sauce, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Uncover and simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Serve over spaghetti.
Saturated Fat: 9g
Vitamin A: 810IU
Vitamin C: 30.9mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Spaghetti and Meatballs