- 3 chicken thigh (or 200 grams of chicken breast)
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 cup of shredded cucumber
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- Some jasmine flower
FOR MAKING THE SALAD DRESSING
- 2 or 3 tbsp of jasmine tea or water
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp of minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of dou ban jiang
- 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds (optional)
- Boil the chicken thighs until it cooks through. It will take about 8 minutes. Chicken breast will work as well.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and rip it into strips. Once you are done, transfer that into a large bowl.
- Add a bunch of shredded cucumber, shredded carrot and a hand full cilantro.
- Set it aside. Let’s make the sauce.
- Pour in about 2-3 tbsp jasmine tea or water into the sauce bowl.
- Add in 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 1/2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Next ingredients are the soul of Sichuan
- 1 tbsp of dou ban jiang.
- Besides that, We gonna add 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar.
- Drizzle in 2 tsp of sesame oil. Give it a mix. Taste it and see if you need more salt. If it is too salty, add more jasmine tea in it.
- Pour the sauce into the big bowl. Toss them together make sure everything is coated with that delicious dressing. If you like to finish it with some sesame seed on the top, that’s awesome
- And that’s pretty much it. You are ready to serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Spicy Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe – From Szechuan, China