- 1 large cucumbers (English cucumber or a standard cucumber), thinly sliced and cut in quarters
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced and cut in squares
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 1/2 a cup of sugar (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the bite size chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions
- In a small bowl add vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Stir the ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Mix everything together.
- Let the salad stand for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Add chopped chives and parsley.
- You might want to double check to see if there needs to be a little more sugar, salt or pepper for taste.
- Serve the cucumber salad as a side dish in a small bowl.
Tip: For a milder flavor, soak the chopped onions in salt water for 20 minutes before you mix it with the rest of the salad.
- 1 large serving bowl
- 1 small bowl
- one measuring cup and measuring spoons
- a vegetable shredder or a knife
- cutting board
- Serving salad spoon and fork