- Plain flour – 1 cup (125 gms)
- Corn flour – 1/4 cup ( 20 gms)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1/3 tsp
1. Take 1 cup ( 125 gms) refined flour in a bowl, Add 1/4 cup (20 gm) corn flour to it. Add 1/3 tsp salt and 3 tsp oil. Mix all the ingredients well. Add little quantity of water to knead a soft dough like that of a paratha. To knead this much quantity of dough, we used less than 1/2 cup of water. Knead the dough. Cover and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
2. After 20 minutes, the dough is also set and ready. Knead and smooth the dough for 2 to 3 minutes. Once the smooth and soft dough is ready. Break the lumps from the dough then make small dough balls and give them a round shape. Then press it and give it a shape of a peda.
3. To roll out the wrappers take a rolling board. Then Pick up a dough ball. Take a little dry refined flour, dust the dough ball with it and roll it out in a round shape with 3 to 4 inch diameter. Dust it again if it sticks to the rolling board. Once rolled out and ready, place it out on a plate. Likewise roll out all the pooris for wrappers.
4. Spread a little oil over the poori on all sides. Then sprinkle a little dry refined flour over it and spread it. Place one poori over another sticking the edges. Press them with hand and stick them. Lift and dust in dry refined flour and roll it out thin and big. Flip it and roll out as big a poori as you want the wrapper to be.Make sure you roll out the pooris from the sides. We have rolled it out thin in a diameter of 7 to 8 inch.
5. Heat the girdle and grease it with a little oil. Wipe out extra oil with a tissue and keep the flame very low. Once the girdle is hot, place the poori to roast and let it roast slightly from below. When poori is roasted from below and dark from above then flip it to slightly roast it from the other side. Rotate the poori with help of a tissue. Poori is roasted from the other side as well.
6. Place it out on a board and separate the wrappers. Open it from the joints. Transparent and thin wrappers are ready.
7. Thin wrappers are ready you can use them to make snack for parties. You can keep them in a polythene and keep it in fridge and prepare yummy and sumptuous snacks instantly for 3 to 4 days. You can make this wrapper in advance for any party as it will save the time and effort.