Stuffed Steak Rolls Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Stuffed Steak Rolls" recipe we have found so far.
Stuffed Steak Rolls
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 sweet onions, like Vidalia, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced (150 g)
½ tablespoon kosher salt
½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 lb flank steak (910 g)
4 oz fresh baby spinach, 1 package (115 g)
- 9 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Combine the garlic, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper in the pan and cook until almost all of the moisture has evaporated and the onions are caramelizing, 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay the flank steak on a cutting board. Add salt and pepper on both sides, to taste.
- Spoon the mushroom and onion mixture on top, spreading it evenly across the steak. Sprinkle the spinach on top, followed by the slices of provolone. Press down lightly to compress the spinach.
- Starting at the bottom of the flank steak, roll it up tightly, making sure the grain of the meat is running horizontally. Use six toothpicks to secure the steak roll. Slice the steak roll into six equal rolls.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over high heat. Sear the steak rolls on one side for one to two minutes, then flip. Sear the second side for about one minute, then bake for 10–15 minutes, until medium rare.
- Remove the toothpicks, then serve!
- Calories 390
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 45g
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Stuffed Steak Rolls