The Best Vegan Lasagna Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "The Best Vegan Lasagna" recipe we have found so far.
The Best Vegan Lasagna
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 package no-boil lasagna sheets
- finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Vegan Bechamel Sauce
FOR THE MEAT SAUCE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium cooking onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 lbs (roughly 3 cups) veggie ground round
- 1 jar (roughly 3 cups) Passata
- 1 3/4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 no-beef (or vegetable) bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp agave
- Salt and pepper, to taste (roughly ½ tsp each)
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots and garlic and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the carrots are softened and the garlic fragrant.
- Add ground round and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add Passata, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bouillon cubes, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add agave, taste and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, for roughly 20-30 minutes or until
- the sauce has thickened slightly.
- While sauce is simmering, prepare vegan bechamel.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spoon about 1 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with lasagna sheets, then enough meat sauce to cover the pasta (roughly 2 cups), and then 1 cup of bechamel.
- Repeat layers.
- The last layer should be a think amount of meat sauce topped with bechamel.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on The Best Vegan Lasagna