Vegan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan Chicken Drumsticks" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan Chicken Drumsticks
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: All-purpose Flour aquafaba BBQ Sauce bean starch cajun spice Chicken Broth drops of liquid smoke Franks Red Hot Sauce Garlic Powder green jackfruit hot sauce of choice nutritional yeast Old Bay Seasoning onion powder poultry seasoning rice paper Sea Salt tapioca starch tofu Vegetable Oil
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Vegan Drumsticks:
- 3 cups of no-chicken broth (I used Better Than Bouillon dissolved in water)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 20 drops of liquid smoke
- 4-20 oz cans young green jackfruit, seeds and hard heart removed
- 4 tbsp mung bean starch/tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp silken tofu
- 2 tsp water
- 24 sheets round rice paper
- Vegetable oil for frying
For Saucy Drumsticks:
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
For Breaded Drumsticks:
- 1 can worth aquafaba
- 3 tbsp hot sauce of choice
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- To start making the vegan chicken, in a medium-size pot, whisk together no-chicken broth, nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning, onion powder, and liquid smoke.
- Add jackfruit, and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for another 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Remove the pot from heat and set aside.
- In a small blender or bowl with a whisk, whip together mung bean starch and silken tofu.
- Add water 1 tsp at a time as needed (only if you feel that it is too dry).
- Add to the jackfruit mixture 1 tbsp at a time and mix until it starts to come together.
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water and soften the rice paper by soaking each sheet for about 30 seconds. Remove the rice paper from the bowl and place the rice paper on a flat surface and using a sharp knife, cut in half.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of the jackfruit mixture onto the rice paper, then if you’re using a faux “bone”, place one ‘bone’ on top. For mine, I prefer to use small bamboo sticks. You can also use sugar cane swizzle sticks, cauliflower stems, or have boneless wings.
- Cover the faux “bone” with jackfruit and wrap the rice paper around the jackfruit mixture, leaving the bone exposed (exactly like a chicken wing). Set aside and repeat.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegan Chicken Drumsticks