Best Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork? Are you wondering how to prepare Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork? Which Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork.
Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork Recipe Info
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 12
Ingredient tags: beef black pepper cloves garlic crushed tomatoes Italian parsley Italian sausage KOSHER SALT large eggs lasagna noodles milk ricotta cheese mozzarella cheese olive oil oregano parmesan cheese Tomato Paste yellow onion
Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork Recipe
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 fresh mild Italian sausage, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 56 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 32 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium low heat and sauté onion and garlic until onions are translucent about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add beef and sausage to the pan, break up meat into small pieces and cook until no traces of pink remain about 5 minutes. Pour off any excess fat drippings from the pan. Season meat with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add tomato paste and stir until combined. Add crushed tomatoes and oregano, simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside until ready to use. I like to place each cooked lasagna noodle on a sheet tray, separately the noodles in a single layer in between clean kitchen towels to keep them from sticking together.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together eggs, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and parsley.
- Reserve about 1 cup of meat sauce and 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese for topping the lasagna.
- Lightly coat or spray a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with oil. Add just enough sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the dish to prevent sticking.
- Layer 3 to 4 sheets of lasagna, top with 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 meat sauce, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers.
- On the top layer pour the reserved meat sauce and cover evenly with the reserved mozzarella cheese.
- Line a sheet tray with foil and place the lasagna tray on top. Bake for 38 to 40 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and golden brown on top.
- Before slicing, allow the lasagna to rest for 15 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Easy Meat Lasagna with Beef and Pork