Tuna Avocado Boats Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Tuna Avocado Boats" recipe we have found so far.
Tuna Avocado Boats
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 pound tuna steak or canned Tuna (in water);
- 2 ripe avocados;
- The juice of half a lemon;
- 2 big green onions, minced (keep some of the green parts aside);
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 tbsp ground paprika;
- About 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil or 1 cup of Paleo mayonnaise;
- 2 tbsp Paleo cooking fat.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- In a skillet placed over medium-high heat, preheat the cooking fat until very hot, but not so much that it burns.
- Add the tuna steak to the skillet and cook each side 4 to 5 minutes, until the fish breaks apart easily with a fork.
- Once the tuna is cooked, let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, the garlic, the lemon juice, the green onions, and the olive oil or mayonnaise, then season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Make sure to keep some of the green parts of the green onions aside. Using a fork, make sure to combine everything well and to break apart the tuna.
- Take the two avocados and cut them lengthwise around the pit. Twist the two halves to open. Remove the pit with a spoon, gently making sure not to break the avocado itself.
- Place a big scoop of the tuna mixture into each cavity of the avocados. Sprinkle the top of each avocado boat with some paprika, then add some green onions on top and serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Tuna Avocado Boats