Chili Cheese Dog Boats Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Chili Cheese Dog Boats" recipe we have found so far.
Chili Cheese Dog Boats
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 8 hot dog buns
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
15 oz chili, with or without beans (425 g)
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Leaving them attached, place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) baking dish. Cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges. Push down on the bread cut-out to compact it tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
- Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter. Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one. Slide a hot dog snugly on top of the chili in each bun, then top with more chili.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown. Top with fresh parsley, then slice the hot dog boats along their connected seams to serve.
- Calories 348
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chili Cheese Dog Boats