- 8 hot dog buns
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
15 oz chili, with or without beans (425 g)
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Leaving them attached, place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) baking dish. Cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges. Push down on the bread cut-out to compact it tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
- Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter. Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one. Slide a hot dog snugly on top of the chili in each bun, then top with more chili.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown. Top with fresh parsley, then slice the hot dog boats along their connected seams to serve.
- Calories 348
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.