Turkey Meatloaf Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Turkey Meatloaf" recipe we have found so far.
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: balsamic vinegar Black Pepper breadcrumbs celery chicken stock dried thyme Eggs ground turkey Kosher Salt maple syrup minced garlic Olive Oil paprika parmesan cheese parsley rosemary sage Soy Sauce thyme Tomato Paste yellow onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock or broth, (120ml)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, (142g, 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 3/4 cup finely minced yellow onion, (115g)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, (65g)
- 2 pounds ground turkey, (908g) 93% lean
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, (58g) finely grated, about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, (25g)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, (3g) plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)1 teaspoon kosher salt, (7g)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, sweet or smoked
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage, (1g)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, (79ml)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, (52g)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, (15ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
Set oven rack to the middle position, preheat to 350ºF (177ºC).
In a medium-sized bowl whisk together eggs and chicken stock.
Add breadcrumbs and whisk to combine and allow to absorb all of the moisture.
Heat a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, once hot add garlic then saute until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add onions and celery, saute until tender and the moisture is released and evaporated, 5 to 6 minutes.
Cool the vegetable mixture before adding to the meatloaf by transferring to a small plate and placing it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl add ground turkey, breadcrumb mixture, cooked vegetables, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, parsley, soy sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, sage, thyme, and rosemary.
Use hands to gently mix meatloaf ingredients until combined, about 1 minute, being careful not to overmix.
Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
Transfer meatloaf mixture into the pan. Press down into the bottom and sides of the pan, then use hands to make a smooth and slightly domed surface.
Bake until the internal temperature reaches 155 to 160ºF (68 to 71ºC), about 50 to 65 minutes.
Carefully remove meatloaf from the oven and keep it in the loaf pan, set aside.
To make the glaze, preheat the oven to 500ºF (260ºC).
In a small bowl whisk together glaze ingredients; maple syrup, 1/4 cup tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce.
Use a brush or spoon to spread an even layer of glaze on the top and sides of the meatloaf, bake for 3 minutes.
Brush the second layer of glaze, bake for 3 minutes.
Brush a third and final layer of glaze, bake until sauce is lightly browned and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Reserve any extra glaze.
Allow cooling for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Once slightly cooled, cut the meatloaf into even-sized slices.
Serve with extra glaze on the side and parsley sprinkled on top.
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 120mg 40%
Sodium 866mg 36%
Potassium 540mg 15%
Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Fiber 1g 4%
Sugar 7g 8%
Protein 34g 68%
Vitamin A 376IU 8%
Vitamin C 3mg 4%
Calcium 137mg 14%
Iron 2mg 11%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Turkey Meatloaf