Turkey Rice Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Turkey Rice" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the salsa topping:
- Combine leftover turkey leg, thigh, and breast meat in a stockpot over high heat; add chicken broth and onion. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer, flipping turkey pieces over halfway, until meat falls off the bone, about 1 hour.
- Transfer turkey pieces to a bowl and let cool until safe to handle.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil and stir in rice. Season with black pepper, cayenne, and salt. Reduce heat to medium and let rice simmer until it starts to plump up, about 10 minutes.
- Pick turkey meat off the bone and chop into small pieces. Stir into the rice, adding more broth as needed. Cook over medium-low heat until rice reaches desired tenderness, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Smash green onions, red pepper, and cilantro together for the salsa. Taste and season turkey rice as desired, then scoop into serving bowls and top with salsa.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 17 %
Cholesterol: 43 %
Sodium: 102 %
Potassium: 16 %
Total Carbohydrates: 11 %
Dietary Fiber: 5 %
Protein: 96 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Turkey Rice