Best Turkey Rice? Are you wondering how to prepare Turkey Rice? Which Turkey Rice recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Turkey Rice.
Turkey Rice Recipe Info
Total Time: 1 Hours, 45 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: cayenne pepper chicken broth cilantro leaves freshly ground black pepper KOSHER SALT minced green onions minced red pepper turkey breast turkey leg turkey thigh white rice yellow onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Turkey Rice Recipe
For the salsa topping:
- Combine leftover turkey leg, thigh, and breast meat in a stockpot over high heat; add chicken broth and onion. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer, flipping turkey pieces over halfway, until meat falls off the bone, about 1 hour.
- Transfer turkey pieces to a bowl and let cool until safe to handle.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil and stir in rice. Season with black pepper, cayenne, and salt. Reduce heat to medium and let rice simmer until it starts to plump up, about 10 minutes.
- Pick turkey meat off the bone and chop into small pieces. Stir into the rice, adding more broth as needed. Cook over medium-low heat until rice reaches desired tenderness, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Smash green onions, red pepper, and cilantro together for the salsa. Taste and season turkey rice as desired, then scoop into serving bowls and top with salsa.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Turkey Rice