- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon in a large, cold skillet, then cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crispy, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and add to the skillet in a single layer. Let cook, undisturbed, until golden brown on the underside, 2 to 3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Transfer to the plate with the bacon.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and cream and bring to a simmer, then add the spinach and stir until just wilted. Add the bacon, chicken, fettuccine and Parmesan and toss with tongs until well coated; season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Cuisine: Italian Italiano
Ingredients: black pepper fettuccine parmesan spinach