Vegan Lemon Cake Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan Lemon Cake" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan Lemon Cake
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Cake:
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tablespoons aluminium-free baking powder (or 2.5 teaspoons of regular baking powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed from approximately 2 lemons)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (or cane juice crystals)
- 2/3 cup oil (I used safflower, but canola or melted coconut oil would also work.)
- 1 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
For the Glaze
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (or cane juice crystals)
For the Frosting:
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar +4-6 tablespoons as needed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, turmeric, and lemon zest.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, granulated sugar, oil, almond milk, applesauce, vanilla, and lemon extract.
Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, and whisk (or use mixer) everything together until just combined.
Oil and flour a large bundt pan (needs to hold 10-15 cups of batter).
Pour batter into bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Once baked, remove the cake from oven and allow to rest in bundt pan for about 5 minutes before turning the pan over onto rack, plate, or platter to cool.
For the Glaze:
Place lemon juice (of 1 lemon) and granulated sugar in a saucepan, and bring to boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
When the cake is on a cooling rack (still warm), use a pastry brush to brush the glaze all over cake surface.
For the Frosting:
Place juice of 1 lemon (about 2.5 tablespoons) of lemon juice in a small bowl with confectioners’ sugar. Add extra confectioners’ sugar (a few tablespoons at a time) as needed until frosting is thick enough that you can see your spoon tracks for several seconds after stirring it.
Once the cake is completely cooled (after about 1 hour), drizzle frosting on top of the cake, letting it partially fall down the sides.
Garnish with remaining lemon zest, and serve!
- This cake requires 4 lemons total: 2 lemons for the cake, and 1 lemon each for the glaze and frosting.
- This cake keeps for 3-4 days at room temperature, if stored in an air-tight container, or if tightly covered with plastic wrap.
- This recipe utilizes aluminium-free baking powder, which is different from your regular baking powder. Aluminium-free baking powder doesn’t have the same metallic aftertaste as regular baking powder, but it also requires a little more to get the desired rising effect. If you don’t have access to aluminium-free baking powder, use 2.5 teaspoons of regular baking powder in this recipe.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegan Lemon Cake