Vegan Seitan Korma Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan Seitan Korma" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan Seitan Korma
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: Cashews Cayenne Pepper chickpea flour cloves garlic coconut flour coconut milk fenugreek seed powder Garlic Powder ginger paste ground coriander ground cumin ground turmeric ground white pepper leaves limes onion powder peanut oil shallot Soy Sauce tomatoes wheat gluten yellow onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 3/4 cup cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place cashews on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until slightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Leave oven on and transfer cashews to a bowl to cool. Retain parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Combine water, soy sauce, salt, and bay leaves in a large saucepan and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce to a simmer.
- While broth simmers, combine wheat gluten, coconut flour, almond meal, chickpea flour, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and fenugreek powder in a bowl. Add water and knead for 2 minutes. Allow dough to stand 5 minutes; knead again for an additional 2 minutes. Place seitan dough on a work surface and cut into 1/4-inch thick cutlets. Pound the cutlets flat using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin.
- Add seitan cutlets to the simmering broth. Cook at a low simmer, without vigorously boiling, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion and shallot and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger paste, and cayenne pepper; cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes, cumin, coriander, turmeric, white pepper, and salt. Stir in lime juice and bring mixture to a boil, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place cooled roasted cashews in the bowl of a food processor and blend to a coarse meal.
- Add 1/4 of the cashew meal to the pot with the onion mixture. Add coconut milk, coconut flour, and almond meal and reduce heat to low. Stir korma sauce until well combined.
- Fill a blender halfway with korma sauce. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a pot. Repeat with remaining korma sauce. Place pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add fenugreek leaves.
- Cut about 2/3 of the seitan cutlets into 1/4-inch cubes and add to the pot with the korma sauce. Turn off heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 36 %
Cholesterol: 0 %
Sodium: 83 %
Potassium: 15 %
Total Carbohydrates: 12 %
Dietary Fiber: 28 %
Protein: 55 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegan Seitan Korma