Skip to content
- 1000 g of white asparagus
- 250 g vegan margarine
- 100 ml soymilk (room temperature, not chilled)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus and gently peel them with a peeler, while you lay them flat on your cutting board. Be careful not to break them and don’t peel the heads of the asparagus.
- 2. Cook the asparagus for five minutes in boiling water. Turn off the heat and leave the asparagus in the hot water for an additional 15-20 minutes, until they are tender.
- 3. Slowly melt the margarine in a small saucepan on the smallest flame. When melted take it off the fire and leave to cool down.
- 4. Put the soymilk in a high cup and start mixing with a handheld blender. Very slowly add the melted butter and keep on mixing. Eventually the soymilk mixture should get thicker.
- 5. Add the soymilk mixture into a small saucepan and slowly heat it. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.