- 1 pound salmon, , cut into 4 even sized fillets
- kosher salt, , as needed for seasoning
- black pepper, , as needed for seasoning
- 1 pound asparagus, , tips cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 7 ounces pesto Sauce, (Buitoni)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 lemon sliced into 8 wedges
- 18 ounces ravioli, (Buitoni Three Cheese Asparagus Ravioli)
- olive oil, , as needed for lightly coating ravioli
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, sliced in half (optional)
Set oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line a sheet pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or olive oil. Evenly spread out the salmon fillets and 8 lemon wedges on the tray. Generously season the fillets with salt and pepper. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 130-135°F. The fish should easily flake apart but not be dry. As the fish cooks, make the lemon pesto sauce and ravioli.
Lemon Pesto Sauce-
- In a small bowl combine 7 ounces Buitoni pesto sauce with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Set aside,
- Bring 5 quarts water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil. Add ravioli and reduce heat, boil gently for 7 minutes, stir frequently. Use a slotted spoon to transfer ravioli to a colander to drain. Keep the water boiling to cook the asparagus. Drizzle cooked ravioli with a small amount of olive oil to keep from sticking together.
Add asparagus pieces to the boiling water. Cook until tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
To Serve- Add about 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup lemon pesto sauce to each plate (on one side). Remove salmon skins (if still on after roasting), and place each piece of salmon on top of the sauce. Evenly divide ravioli’s and place on serving plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add asparagus, sliced tomatoes (if desired) to each plate, and roasted lemon slices. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Fat 31g 48%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Cholesterol 101mg 34%
Sodium 770mg 32%
Potassium 664mg 19%
Carbohydrates 38g 13%
Fiber 3g 12%
Sugar 4g 4%
Protein 42g 84%
Vitamin A 1050IU 21%
Vitamin C 14.9mg 18%
Calcium 390mg 39%
Iron 3.8mg 21%