Baked Beef Chiles Rellenos Casserole Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Baked Beef Chiles Rellenos Casserole" recipe we have found so far.
Baked Beef Chiles Rellenos Casserole
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place poblano peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until poblano pepper skins have blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, chili powder, garlic, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, chipotle pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add onion; cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes with green chiles; cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes more. Let beef mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Run water over the poblano peppers to remove skins and discard them. Drain peppers on paper towels. Place a layer of peppers on the bottom of the prepared dish; place 1/3 of the beef mixture on top. Cover with 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend. Repeat layers twice more in the same order.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 35 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Baked Beef Chiles Rellenos Casserole