- Season beef generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until nearly smoking. Stir in beef; cook, stirring constantly, for 6-7 minutes, until liquid evaporates and meat browns. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Stir butter, mushrooms and onions into the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until the vegetables are lightly browned. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in flour; cook for 1-2 minutes until incorporated.
- Stir in wine and 1 cup of stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits. Bring to a simmer, cook for 3-4 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Return beef to the pan. Stir in remaining cup of stock; bring to a simmer and cook on low heat for about 1 hour with the lid on, until the beef is tender and the sauce is thick. Stir every 20 minutes.
- Stir in creme fraiche. Stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 38 %
Cholesterol: 29 %
Sodium: 12 %
Potassium: 7 %
Total Carbohydrates: 1 %
Dietary Fiber: 2 %
Protein: 32 %