- 12 oz penne pasta cooked al dente
- 1 lb prepared meatballs or recipe below
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz marinara sauce or pasta sauce
- 14 oz diced fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place meatballs in a 9×13 pan and bake 20 minutes (or according to recipe or package directions).
Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 4-5 minutes or until softened.
Remove the meatballs from the oven. Drain fat if there is a lot in the bottom, if there is a little bit you can leave it for flavor.
Add cooked penne, and remaining ingredients to the 9×13 pan with the meatballs. Stir to combine.
Top with cheese and bake an additional 20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Saturated Fat: 6g
Vitamin A: 902%
Vitamin C: 12%