Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms" recipe we have found so far.
Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 25g butter
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 150g crème fraîche
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- 15g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the halved button mushrooms and fry for 10-12 minutes, tossing them around the pan, until golden and starting to soften.
- Season well with salt and pepper, add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Stir in most of the chopped parsley, then divide the mushroom and garlic mixture equally among the 6 ramekins.
- Set the ramekins aside to cool.
- Whisk the crème fraîche and cream cheese together in a small mixing bowl
- Dollop evenly over each ramekin.
- Grate the parmesan (or other cheese) over, then put the ramekins on a baking tray.
- Transfer the tray to the oven and bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes until bubbling and starting to turn a bit golden on top.
- Scatter with the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve straight away with small chunks of crusty bread on the side to dip into the cooking juices.
- It’s best not to use big field mushrooms as they release too much dark juice and make the finished result a bit grey. Use closed-cup mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms.
- Next time, try swapping the parsley for thyme and try different cheeses, too – the recipe would work brilliantly with a mix of blue cheese and cheddar instead of the parmesan, and feta would be good as well.
- Prepare until ready to bake (the end of step 2), then cover and chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Cook straight from the fridge, adding 3 minutes to the oven time.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms