Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms" recipe we have found so far.
Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 25g butter
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 150g crème fraîche
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- 15g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the halved button mushrooms and fry for 10-12 minutes, tossing them around the pan, until golden and starting to soften.
- Season well with salt and pepper, add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Stir in most of the chopped parsley, then divide the mushroom and garlic mixture equally among the 6 ramekins.
- Set the ramekins aside to cool.
- Whisk the crème fraîche and cream cheese together in a small mixing bowl
- Dollop evenly over each ramekin.
- Grate the parmesan (or other cheese) over, then put the ramekins on a baking tray.
- Transfer the tray to the oven and bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes until bubbling and starting to turn a bit golden on top.
- Scatter with the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve straight away with small chunks of crusty bread on the side to dip into the cooking juices.
- It’s best not to use big field mushrooms as they release too much dark juice and make the finished result a bit grey. Use closed-cup mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms.
- Next time, try swapping the parsley for thyme and try different cheeses, too – the recipe would work brilliantly with a mix of blue cheese and cheddar instead of the parmesan, and feta would be good as well.
- Prepare until ready to bake (the end of step 2), then cover and chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Cook straight from the fridge, adding 3 minutes to the oven time.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Baked Creamy Garlic Mushrooms