Skip to content
- Kosher salt
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bunch broccoli, florets and some chopped stems
- 12 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced into half-moons
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 1/2 cups grated fontina cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce), plus more for topping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook 10 minutes, then add the broccoli and pasta and cook as the pasta label directs.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste. Cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Put the lettuce in a colander. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta, broccoli and potatoes over the lettuce to wilt it. Return the pasta and vegetables to the pot.
- Add the leeks to the pot and stir in enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten. Stir in the cheeses and season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan.