Bow-tie Pasta with Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Bow-tie Pasta with Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce" recipe we have found so far.
Bow-tie Pasta with Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to season
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 12 ounces bow-ties pasta (farfalle)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers and cook until the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute. Crush the tomatoes through your fingers into the pot; stir in their juices, sugar, the 1 teaspoon salt, and season with pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the herbs, cover, and set aside for about 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat. Salt the water generously, add the pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, saving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Before serving, add the vinegar to the sauce. Add the drained pasta to the tomato sauce and toss. Thin with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide among 4 warm serving bowls. Pass the grated cheese, if desired, at the table.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Foodnetwork