Super Greens Cannelloni Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Super Greens Cannelloni" recipe we have found so far.
Super Greens Cannelloni
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 16 oz fresh seasonal greens, such as kale, chard, cavolo nero, nettles, arugula, borage
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
- ½ a lemon
- 8 oz dried cannelloni tubes
- 1 fresh red chile
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (1 oz)
- 3 x 14-oz cans of plum tomatoes
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 large free-range egg
- ¾ cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- Peel and finely slice the onions and 4 cloves of garlic and place in a large non- stick pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Cook and stir while you prep the fresh greens—wash the leaves, trimming away any tough stalks. Slice the leaves and stir into the pan with the frozen spinach and a good grating of nutmeg.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until nice and dark, stirring regularly. Tip into a food processor, finely grate in the lemon zest, add a squeeze of juice, then blitz until finely chopped.
- Taste and season to perfection, then, once cool enough to handle, pop the greens into a big sandwich bag, snip off the corner, and pipe into the cannelloni tubes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Return the pan to the heat (there’s no need to clean it) with 1 tablespoon of oil. Peel the remaining garlic, finely slice with the chile and basil stalks, add to the pan, and fry until lightly golden.
- Pour in the tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Half-fill the cans with water, swirl around, and pour into the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season to perfection—you want the sauce quite wet, as the pasta will soak lots of it up.
- Pour into a baking dish (12 x 10 inches) and line up the filled cannelloni on top, pushing them into the sauce.
- Finely grate the Parmesan into the food processor (there’s no need to clean it). Add the ricotta, egg, milk, the basil leaves, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and blitz until smooth.
- Pour it over the cannelloni, making sure all the tubes are covered, then bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with hunks of brown bread with seeds to up your carb intake, and a fresh side salad of your choice.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jamie Oliver Recipe