Super Greens Cannelloni Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Super Greens Cannelloni" recipe we have found so far.
Super Greens Cannelloni
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 16 oz fresh seasonal greens, such as kale, chard, cavolo nero, nettles, arugula, borage
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
- ½ a lemon
- 8 oz dried cannelloni tubes
- 1 fresh red chile
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (1 oz)
- 3 x 14-oz cans of plum tomatoes
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 large free-range egg
- ¾ cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- Peel and finely slice the onions and 4 cloves of garlic and place in a large non- stick pan on a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Cook and stir while you prep the fresh greens—wash the leaves, trimming away any tough stalks. Slice the leaves and stir into the pan with the frozen spinach and a good grating of nutmeg.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until nice and dark, stirring regularly. Tip into a food processor, finely grate in the lemon zest, add a squeeze of juice, then blitz until finely chopped.
- Taste and season to perfection, then, once cool enough to handle, pop the greens into a big sandwich bag, snip off the corner, and pipe into the cannelloni tubes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Return the pan to the heat (there’s no need to clean it) with 1 tablespoon of oil. Peel the remaining garlic, finely slice with the chile and basil stalks, add to the pan, and fry until lightly golden.
- Pour in the tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Half-fill the cans with water, swirl around, and pour into the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season to perfection—you want the sauce quite wet, as the pasta will soak lots of it up.
- Pour into a baking dish (12 x 10 inches) and line up the filled cannelloni on top, pushing them into the sauce.
- Finely grate the Parmesan into the food processor (there’s no need to clean it). Add the ricotta, egg, milk, the basil leaves, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and blitz until smooth.
- Pour it over the cannelloni, making sure all the tubes are covered, then bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with hunks of brown bread with seeds to up your carb intake, and a fresh side salad of your choice.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jamie Oliver Recipe