Braised Chicken with Vegetables Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Braised Chicken with Vegetables" recipe we have found so far.
Braised Chicken with Vegetables
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: Black Pepper carrot chicken thighs corn syrup cucumber dark brown sugar Garlic green chili peppers Green Onions Onion Oyster Sauce potatoes red chili peppers red peppers rice syrup sesame oil sesame seeds Soy Sauce starch noodles Vegetable Oil white mushrooms
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Chicken thighs
- starch noodles
- soy sauce
- oyster sauce
- rice syrup (or corn syrup)
- dark brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- dried red peppers
- potatoes, garlic
- green onions
- white mushrooms
- green chili peppers
- red chili peppers
- ground black pepper
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
Prepare chicken and noodles:
- Trim the excess fat from 3 pounds of chicken thighs (or breasts or wings) and cut them into bite-sized pieces (1 inch x 2½ inches).
- Rinse the chicken in cold water and soak it for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Soak 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of starch noodles in cold water.
- Combine ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup oyster sauce, ¼ cup rice syrup (or corn syrup), and 1 tbs dark brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut 3 peeled medium sized potatoes into 1½ inch thick chunks.
- Slice 1 medium sized carrot into slices 1/8 inch thick.
- Slice 1 medium sized onion.
- Chop up 1 red chili pepper and 2 green chili peppers.
- Slice 1 cup’s worth of white mushrooms into bite-sized chunks.
- Cut 5-7 green onion stalks into pieces 2 inch long.
- Shred the white parts of the green onions thinly lengthwise, and soak in cold water for 10 minutes before draining.
- Heat up a wok or a shallow skillet. Add 1-2 tbs vegetable oil.
- Cut 2-3 dried red peppers into pieces ½ inch long. Add them to the heated oil and stir-fry for 10-15 seconds before taking them out.
- Add the chicken.
*tip: to prevent yourself from getting burned from flying oil, first place the chicken on the edge of the pot and then push it in with a wooden spoon.
- Stir the chicken with a wooden spoon a few times. Let it cook with the lid open for about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, give it a quick stir, and let it cook with the lid open for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and stir it for a minute.
- Add the potato chunks, the sauce, and 2½-3 cups of water. Cook for 10 minutes over high heat with the lid closed.
- Open the lid and add carrot and onion and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Keep the lid open.
- Add soaked and drained starch noodles, sliced red pepper, green chili peppers, white mushrooms, and cucumber. Keep stirring for 7-10 minutes over high heat until the braising liquid has thickened and the noodles look translucent.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 ts ground black pepper and 1 tbs sesame oil. Mix it together
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onions and sprinkle some sesame seeds over top before serving.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Braised Chicken with Vegetables