- Season pork with pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in large pot over high heat. Working in batches, cook pork in the hot oil until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Return all cooked pork and accumulated juice to pot.
- Season pork with bay leaves, cumin, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper. Stir in fresh orange juice, orange zest, and milk. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until meat is fork tender but not falling apart, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Remove pork from liquid. Skim some fat from the pot to grease a baking dish. Transfer the pieces of pork to the baking dish. Drizzle about 2 more tablespoons of the floating fat over the meat. Season with more salt, if needed.
- Bake in preheated oven until pork is browned, about 15 minutes. Stir pork.
- Turn on oven’s broiler. Cook pork under broiler until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 37 %
Cholesterol: 28 %
Sodium: 32 %
Potassium: 11 %
Total Carbohydrates: 1 %
Dietary Fiber: 1 %
Protein: 45 %