Cider Braised Chicken and Fennel Panzanella Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Cider Braised Chicken and Fennel Panzanella" recipe we have found so far.
Cider Braised Chicken and Fennel Panzanella
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/2 loaf sourdough bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 tbsp.olive oil, divided
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 4 shallots, quartered
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4small chicken leg quarters (about 2 3/4 pounds total)
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. fresh apple cider
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- lemon wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss bread with 4 tablespoons oil on a large rimmed baking sheet; arrange in a single layer. Bake, turning once, until golden brown and crisp (but still slightly chewy on the inside), 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel and shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, skin sides down, until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate. Add wine and cook until syrupy, about 1 minute. Add cider, thyme, and fennel and shallot mixture to skillet. Top with chicken, skin sides up. Transfer to oven and roast until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Transfer vegetables to a bowl with a slotted spoon or tongs; discard thyme. Simmer liquid in skillet on medium-high until reduced to about 1/3 cup, 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Add bread and vegetables to reduced liquid and toss to coat. Season with salt. Fold in kale and scallions; transfer to platter with chicken. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cider Braised Chicken and Fennel Panzanella