Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 1 head cauliflower (4–5 cups florets)
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s brand)
- shredded cabbage or slaw
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream (yogurt would work, too)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lemon or lime
- Batter the cauliflower: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk flour, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter and let excess drip off. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake on an upper rack for 15-20 minutes until lightly crisped and browned.
- Spice the cauliflower: Gently toss the baked cauliflower in a bowl with the hot sauce. Return to pan. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Avocado Crema: Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Slaw: Toss the slaw with some of the avocado crema until it’s nice and creamy.
- Tacos: Fill each tortilla with slaw, cauliflower, a drizzle of avocado crema, and cilantro. Perfection!