- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 175ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7g of fast action yeast sachet
- 3 tbsp fine semolina
- 250g minced beef
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Asian pear, grated
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 100ml passata
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 180g grated mozzarella cheese
- 120g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ large red pepper, diced
- 60g kimchi, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Place the beef in a bowl and add the soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and the grated Asian pear. Add sesame seeds and mix using a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients and break up the beef.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, yeast and salt. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon and add olive oil and lukewarm water. Using a wooden spoon bring the ingredients together to form a rough dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead with the heel with your hand for 6-8 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl, cover with a damp tea towel or cling film and set aside for 50 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- In a separate bowl mix the ingredients together for the pizza sauce.
- Place a large pizza stone (or a large baking sheet) in the oven and preheat the oven to 220ºC/425F/Gas mark 7. Knock back the dough in the bowl and then turn out onto a floured surface and divide the dough into two pieces.
- Roll out both dough bases into a 26cm/10in rounds. Sprinkle two flat trays with a little semolina and place each round of dough on top. Shake the tray a little to make sure the dough isn’t stuck to the tray and can be easily transferred to the hot trays in the oven.
- Spread a scant spoonful of sauce on each of the pizza bases. Sprinkle the mushrooms, peppers, chilli, kimchi and half of the spring onions over both pizza bases.
- Break the mince up into little balls and scatter across both pizza bases. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of both pizzas to finish.
- Carefully shake each pizza onto the hot pizza stone in the oven. Cook for 12 minutes or until the dough is crispy and the mozzarella cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with finely chopped spring onions and a drizzle of sesame oil. Serve immediately.