Pumpkin Soup Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Pumpkin Soup" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, very finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Toasted pumpkin seeds and flaky sea salt, for serving (optional)
- Cook the aromatics. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and spices. Add the pumpkin purée, thyme, salt, cumin, black pepper, ginger, and cayenne pepper and cook over medium-low until steaming and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth. Add the vegetable broth and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. (The mixture will bubble.)
- Add the maple syrup and cream. Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup and heavy cream. (At this point, for a creamier soup, you can use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender to purée until it reaches your desired consistency).
- Garnish and serve. Serve warm, garnished with the pumpkin seeds, flaky salt, fresh thyme leaves, and more black pepper.
Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on 20-min-Pumpkin Soup