Bulgur and Summer Vegetable Salad Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Bulgur and Summer Vegetable Salad" recipe we have found so far.
Bulgur and Summer Vegetable Salad
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 1/2 cups fine bulgur
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 zucchini or courgette squash
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes or mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large saucepan, add the bulgur, water, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Let the bulgur simmer gently until all the water evaporates. Turn off the heat and let the bulgur continue to steam and cool down.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Wash and dice the squash, and cut the tomatoes in halves or quarters depending on their size. Wash the basil leaves and pinch off the stems.
- In a skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute the diced squash for a few minutes until slightly softened. Set aside and let it cool.When the bulgur is completely cool, use your fingers or a wooden spoon to separate the grains. Add the salt and toss it through. Pour in the 1/3 cup olive oil and work it through all the bulgur evenly. Add the lemon juice and mix again.
- Add the cooled chopped vegetables to the bulgur and toss gently but thoroughly. Add the tomatoes and basil leaves and again, toss them through. (If the basil leaves are very large, you can tear them into smaller pieces before you add them.)
- Either serve immediately or chill until later. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Bulgur and Summer Vegetable Salad