Best Bulgur Jambalaya? Are you wondering how to prepare Bulgur Jambalaya? Which Bulgur Jambalaya recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Bulgur Jambalaya.
Bulgur Jambalaya Recipe Info
Bulgur Jambalaya Recipe
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Toss chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute chicken until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute sausage until browned, 1-2 minutes. Add red pepper, celery and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce; cook 30 seconds. Stir in bulgur, broth, water, chicken and, if desired, cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until bulgur is tender and liquid is almost absorbed, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1 cup: 287 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Taste of Home