Jambalaya Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Jambalaya" recipe we have found so far.
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: Black Pepper celery Chicken Breasts Chicken Broth chicken stock Chili Powder Garlic green bell pepper Green Onions Kosher Salt leaves Pepper Powder Red Bell Pepper Sausage Shrimp thyme Tomatoes Vegetable Oil white rice Worcestershire Sauce Yellow Onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (15ml)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, (454g) cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, 4 sausages, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cups yellow onion, (260g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup red bell pepper, (140g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup green bell pepper, (140g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup celery, (130g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 2 cups long grain white rice, (400g, 14 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups diced canned tomatoes, (350g, 12 1/4 ounce) 1 cup of liquid reserved
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock, (720ml) or unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, (30ml)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, (454g) 16/20 count shrimp
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions, (3g)
Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, once hot add the vegetable oil.
Combine cubed chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the chicken and spread into a single layer. Allow to sear for 2 minutes to brown. Stir and cook another 2 minutes until no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl.
Add sausage in a single layer and allow to sear for 2 minutes. Stir and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to the same bowl as the chicken.
Turn heat down to medium. Add onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, thyme, black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper powder, and bay leaves. Stir and cook until vegetables are softened, 3 minutes.
Add rice, stir and cook to lightly brown, 3 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, chicken, and sausage, stir to combine.
Add 1 cup reserved canned tomato juice, chicken stock, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot.
Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir the jambalaya, cover and cook 10 minutes.
Stir, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Stir and add shrimp then cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is fully cooked.
Taste and season with more salt, pepper, or chili spices to taste.
Garnish with green onions.
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Fat 19g 29%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 72mg 24%
Sodium 1189mg 50%
Potassium 905mg 26%
Carbohydrates 52g 17%
Fiber 4g 16%
Sugar 4g 4%
Protein 29g 58%
Vitamin A 785IU 16%
Vitamin C 49.7mg 60%
Calcium 299mg 30%
Iron 8.4mg 47%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jambalaya