Chestnut, Squash and Sweet Potato Loaf Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Chestnut, Squash and Sweet Potato Loaf" recipe we have found so far.
Chestnut, Squash and Sweet Potato Loaf
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- onions 3 large, grated
- coconut butter 100g
- dried chilli flakes a pinch
- sage a small bunch, chopped
- vac-packed cooked, peeled chestnuts 180g, chopped
- white breadcrumbs 100g
- ready-to-eat dried apricots 50g, chopped
- cranberry sauce 4 tbsp
- sweet potatoes 400g, peeled
- butternut squash 400g, peeled
- To make the stuffing, put the onion in a pan with the coconut butter and chilli flakes and cook until the onions have softened. Stir in the sage and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the chestnuts, breadcrumbs and apricots into a bowl. Stir in half the onion mixture, mix well and season. Mix the rest of the onions with the cranberry sauce.
- Slice the sweet potatoes and squash separately in a food processor or with a mandoline and divide into 3 piles of each. Melt a little more coconut butter and brush the inside of a 900g/2lb loaf tin. Line with a strip of baking paper.
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Line the bottom of the tin with a neat overlapping layer of 1/3 of the squash, trimming to fit the tin. This will be the top of the loaf so get this as nice as possible – the other layers you don’t need to worry about so much. Then add a layer of 1/3 of the sweet potato.
- Add a layer of stuffing, then cranberry onions, then the next 1/3 of squash and sweet potato. Add the rest of the stuffing, then another layer of cranberry onions and finish with the last 1/3 of squash and sweet potato.
- Cover with foil, put on a baking tray and bake for 2 hours, or until the sweet potatoes and squash are tender. Leave to sit for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into slices.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chestnut, Squash and Sweet Potato Loaf