Cherry-Chocolate Loaf Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Cherry-Chocolate Loaf" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×4-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon butter and reserve.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar together in another bowl with a spatula or an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time with a whisk or an electric mixer, fully blending in the first egg before adding the next. Stir in yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Chop pitted cherries coarsely with a knife, or by pulsing on and off a few times in a food processor. Add to the wet ingredients along with the chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts. Stir briefly to combine. Batter may look curdled, but don’t worry.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until all the flour has disappeared. Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan, making sure to smooth the top evenly and fill in the corners. Tap pan on the counter to release any air pockets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let bread rest in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- While bread is resting, combine powdered sugar and milk in a bowl for icing, adding more milk as needed to reach a thin, runny consistency.
- Brush icing over loaf, allowing to drip down the sides. Let cool completely before slicing and serving, about 20 minutes more.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 22 %
Cholesterol: 18 %
Sodium: 11 %
Potassium: 4 %
Total Carbohydrates: 15 %
Dietary Fiber: 6 %
Protein: 10 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cherry-Chocolate Loaf