- 3 cups chicken breasts, boneless, poached, and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups corn, fresh or canned
- 5 tablespoons green chili’s, canned diced mild, 4 ounces
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
Green Chili Cream Sauce-
- 1/2 avocado
- 3/4 cup salsa verde, 7 ounces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree, (1 can)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno chili, quartered (remove ribs and seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas, or flour tortillas (about 6-inch round)
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated, 6 ounces
- cotija cheese, as needed for garnish
- cilantro leaves, as needed for garnish
- 1 tablespoon green onions, for garnish
Place chicken in a pot just large enough to hold chicken breast halves and add enough water to cover by 1-inch.
Bring just to a simmer over medium-high heat where bubbles start forming around the edge of the pot. Reduce to medium-low to keep the temperature constant, about 170 to 180°F. Cook chicken until the center of the meat reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 18 minutes.
Transfer to a plate, cover with plastic wrap and let the chicken breasts cool in the refrigerator. Once cool, shred chicken and reserve.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large sauté pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add corn and sauté until cooked through or warmed for canned corn, stirring frequently. Add the diced chili’s, and stir to combine. Add the shredded cooked chicken and 3 tablespoons sliced green onions, stir to combine. Reserve until ready to fill the enchiladas.
Green Chili Cream Sauce-
In a blender, puree avocado, salsa verde, and sour cream until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In a blender, puree pumpkin, garlic cloves, jalapeno, cumin, black pepper, salt, chicken broth and water until smooth. Pour 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8-inch square (or other shallow 2-quart) baking dish.
Lay tortillas on work surface; mound chicken mixture on half of each tortilla and dividing evenly, about 1/3 cup of filling. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in baking dish.
Pour remaining sauce on top; sprinkle with cheese. Place dish on a baking sheet; bake until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnish enchiladas with 1 tablespoon green onions, cilantro, and cotija cheese. Serve with green chili cream sauce.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0.02g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Cholesterol 71mg 24%
Sodium 968mg 40%
Potassium 450mg 13%
Carbohydrates 24g 8%
Fiber 5g 20%
Sugar 7g 8%
Protein 29g 58%
Vitamin A 8450IU 169%
Vitamin C 48.7mg 59%
Calcium 180mg 18%
Iron 2mg 11%