- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 oz chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package Parmesan Garlic Brown Rice with White Beans
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 2qt casserole dish.
Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to taste. Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly browned (it does not need to be cooked through). Remove from heat and add to casserole dish.
Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add onions and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
Add mushroom mixture to casserole dish along with remaining ingredients (except garnish). Stir and cover tightly with foil or a lid. Bake 35 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
Rest 5 minutes. Stir, garnish and serve.
Saturated Fat: 6g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 169%
Vitamin C: 11%