- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra as needed
- 1 small bell pepper red or green
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or fajita seasoning
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or mexican blend, shredded
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add bell peppers and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Stir in chicken, seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Simmer 3-4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Lay out the tortillas and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese on one half of the tortilla. Add 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Fold half of the tortilla over the filling. Brush the outside of each tortilla with olive oil.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat (or a griddle). Lightly brown each quesadillas 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and cheese is melted.
Cool 2-3 minutes and cut each tortilla into 3 pieces.
Saturated Fat: 12g
Vitamin A: 810%
Vitamin C: 7%