Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole" recipe we have found so far.
Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Butter, for greasing
- 1/2 loaf of sliced white loaf bread
- 1 pound fresh bulk pork sausage with sage
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread in the bottom of a greased 9- by 13- by 2- inch casserole dish.
- In a medium skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to drain the fat. Spread the cooked sausage over the bread and top with the cheese. Then stir together the, half-and-half, dry mustard, salt and eggs. Pour this mixture over the cheese. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the covered casserole until set and slightly golden, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to set for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Breakfast Sausage Casserole